Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer. This role will be located at our downtown Boston office at 11 Farnsworth St. This engineer will support our MMC webcasting platform used for our Investor Relations webcasts. The group is 5 developers, 3 QA and 2 Product Managers co-located in Boston and Germany.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with our technologies or similar ones, will be self-motivated, and driven to achieve. The right person will thrive in a fast paced, yet flexible work environment and be a strong communicator, self-starter and team player.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify business objectives and develop solutions that will meet the company's current and future needs
• Develop a comprehensive and logical test plans using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
• Research, design, and develop new or enhanced solutions that meet business and performance improvement requirements
• Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommend solutions
• Monitor and conduct regression testing and participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
• Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
• Keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into company solutions
• Serve as an escalation point for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is required, Master’s Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
Experience and Technical Skills
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience with software engineering or development, programming and/or a related field is required
• Experience with SQL Databases, preferably MariaDB
• Experience with Cloud Native AWS, serverless applications
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment using tools like Git, Jira and Confluence
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.