We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Cloud and Data, to join our engineering team as a key contributor. Your primary responsibility will be to continuously improve Motiv’s field data collection and management processes and infrastructure. As we scale up our fleet, effective management of field data, firmware upgrades, and configuration management grows in importance. Join our team and help blaze new EV data trails. Your expertise and attention to detail will be critical in our drive toward freeing fleets from dependence on fossil fuels.
- Key contributor to our field-data collection and management infrastructure technical roadmap, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager
- Work with Product Management, Embedded Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Support to provide scalable solutions to grow with our business
- Maintain and improve Motiv’s legacy field-data management infrastructure, based on various cloud services, Python, and databases
- Work with Embedded Engineers to streamline vehicle data gathering, configuration, and upgrade performance and cost models
- Facilitate data migrations as necessary
- Adhere to best-practices for software development, deployment, and quality assurance
- Manage software products through their full life-cycle
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- 5-7 years’ experience in large-scale data, IoT, and cloud computing
- Must be fluent in Linux and Windows environments, Python and SQL
- 3 years’ experience designing and developing AWS solutions, including EC2, S3, RDS, IoT
- Deep understanding of OSI networking and security
- MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with MQTT, Apache Guacamole, NextCloud, InfluxDB, Docker
- Exposure to developing web and mobile front-end applications
- Experience in automotive technologies and EV industry
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks & catered lunch every Friday to all Foster City employees
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.