Plays an active role in the life cycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support of an enterprise data warehouse. Adds technical input during the planning, analysis and design phases of a complex Datastage/Informatica (ETL) project or sophisticated Business Objects report or dashboard. Responsible for the "how to" questions, creating prototypes/models and establishing new approaches to data acquisition and processing. Involved at the development level in flexible and complex new application development. Active in the validation stage in order to ensure top quality deliverables. Plays an integral role in cross-functional system integration. Mentors staff and is dedicated to a collaborative working style. Works collaboratively with merchandising, finance, call center and customer relationship marketing teams to find ways to add value to their analytical needs.
A Day in the Life
• Participates or leads in the gathering and documenting of data and analytical requirements
• Provides time and effort estimates and leads projects of medium to large complexity
• Participates or leads code review sessions with developers
• Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements
• Ability to design, develop and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available and dynamic solutions on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Google technology stack.
• Writes Technical Designs, develops ETL Job Streams, Business Objects reports/dashboards and promotes code to test and production environments
• Documents development work and provides status on progress
• Maintains job scheduling changes and additions, when required
• Writes and Executes QA test plans
• Performs as the Go-To person on projects of a Medium to High complexity
• Leads and provides input during design review sessions
• Provides business and production support (participates in 24 X 7 duty pager rotation) as needed
• Participates in Project Review Meetings providing status on key project milestones and financial forecast updates
• Gives direction and coaches others on the team
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical work experience
• 6 or more years of ETL Development experience
• Advanced ETL development skills using Datastage and/or Informatica
• MPP Platforms – Teradata and/or Netezza experience
• Advanced PLSQL/SQLPlus knowledge
• Advanced Unix knowledge, including Unix shell scripting (Korn/Perl)
• Experience participating in and recommending Data Warehouse data modeling, design and architecture
• Advanced Business Objects universe support, report writing and Dashboard development preferred
• Experience with Google Cloud Deployment Manager, to automate the creation and management of Google Cloud
• Experience supporting and writing complex queries on the Google Big Query platform
• Container experience with Google Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration platform
• Hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• 3 or more years of experience with Python, Java and cloud technologies development languages and tools
• 1 or more years of project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (GCP)
• Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
• Knowledge of Oracle 10g and higher
• Experience with Git, TFS or equivalent version control tool
• Knowledge of collecting and organizing Internet behavior for analytical purposes
• Knowledge of supporting a CRM marketing data warehouse
• Knowledge of ControlM
• Knowledge of address Cleansing/Data Quality tools (i.e. Data Quality - ACE/NCOALink)
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
• Google Certified Professional a plus
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers.
Medical; Dental; Vision; 401(k); Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid time off and Holidays; Community Service days; Merchandise discounts.
Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, SAP
Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner; Phone interview with Hiring Leader and Technical Team Member(s); On-site interview with multiple stakeholders (Hiring Leadership, Technical Team, Cross-functional Team Members, and Talent Acquisition); Video interviewing platforms could also be utilized at various stages.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.