Do you have a deep understanding of Linux, low level firmware, and embedded systems and enjoy working with the latest system on chip (SOC) designs? We're expanding a team at AWS responsible for building embedded applications to monitor the worlds largest cloud infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
Be an engineer on a small team, focused on low level firmware development, integration, qualification, and deployments.
Be very hands-on; work with the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by participating in architecture decisions, designs, implementation, code reviews and deployment.
The AWS Fleet Telemetry Team, is part of AWS Engineering, that creates, deploys and maintains autonomous monitoring agents at scale. We create software that autonomously mines big data, extracts trends from disparate data sources, identifies unhealthy hosts before they impact compute or storage capacity, issues health diagnoses, and autonomously remediate the identified problems.
Our systems run 24/7, in the harshest environments, and serve more than a million customers each day who demand performance, even when the toughest compute workloads are considered. The health of our infrastructure is our top priority. We’re looking for technology leaders that can help us build these systems, solve really tough operational problems and suggest new, innovative, ways to keep AWS hardware in tip-top shape.
You will work with software and hardware teams across the company to build world-class software. You will be a part of a growing, fast paced team that is making history.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Expert in at least one modern programming language such as C, Rust, Python, LUA.
· Experience with embedded systems, board bring up, and interacting with hardware devices.
· Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Solid knowledge of Linux, uBoot, TPM devices, flash memory, and ARM processors.
· Experience mentoring junior developers
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
Employee assistance program; stock options; adoption assistance; employee discount.
PostgreSQL, C, C++, C#, AWS, Java, Python, Ruby, Linux, Unix
Tech screen prior to conversation with hiring manager; extensive onsite with possible second round.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.