Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 123 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
In this role, you will perform analysis and design tasks related to Application Performance Monitoring. Besides executing on strategic direction and developing tactical plans for monitoring mission critical applications, the position requires extensive contact with development, QA, and admin/operational staff. You are expected to communicate, analyze, schedule, and implement Instrumentation and Monitoring for critical business facing systems. Other responsibilities are effectively identifying opportunities for change, implementing change and introducing new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose. This role will be based out of our Development center in Denver, CO.
• Collaborate with development teams to understand the most critical paths for applications under development.
• Use monitoring tools to uncover the backend dependencies for these applications and make sure that they are instrumented appropriately.
• Determines if all of endpoints identified above have been adequately covered with synthetic transactions.
• Engages development teams to ensure that operationally significant events are being emitted by each sub-system.
• Conduct negative testing to make sure that the notification mechanism setup within the various APM products are working and alerting the correct teams.
• Develop dashboards which show the overall health of a complex application. This will likely be accompanied by other dashboards showing the health of dependent systems.
• Work with QA Performance team to identify bottlenecks in applications where stress tests are being performed.
• Triage degraded / outages situations in a production environment in order restore system health.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Technical Skillset highly preferred:
• Experience with Nagios, Splunk, SCOM, Service Now, MS PowerShell, Blue Stripe, AlertSite, Dynatrace, etc.
• Event Management and Integrations (Tools like CA Service Operation Insight and Service Now, leveraging REST)
• Understanding of standard protocols/technologies such as DNS/WINS, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, RDP, Active Directory, HTTP/S, IIS, JBoss, F5, etc.
• Experience creating dashboards and relevant visualizations.
• Proficient with Dynatrace, including:
o Building custom measures
o Building Business Transactions
o Creating incident rules avoiding false positives
o Building dashboards to show application health/KPI
o Use Dynatrace to triage a performance problem in any environment
• Experience with Splunk
o Comfortable with the architecture
o Has developed parsers to consuming complex events
o Understand query, search and Alerts
o Build dashboards which will be packaged into Splunk applications
o Understands how to span or tap traffic into ADM
o Comfortable with setting up software services
o Understands decryption of SSL traffic
o Can build reports in either the CAS or DMI
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.