Why are Data Engineers important to Gigamon?
Gigamon is an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for Service engineers to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behaviour analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as some proprietary systems.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale system, working with large data sets and protecting public and private organizations from today's ever increasing cyber threats, then Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Design, build, test and deploy scalable systems to store, process and retrieve high-rate event streams.
- Build systems and processes for ETLing, enriching, alerting, and indexing high-rate event streams.
- Support the Operations team in capacity planning and performance tuning for large scale systems.
- Implement processes for applying data-analysis algorithms to event-streams.
- Engineer distributed and multi-tiered SAAS-based services.
- Work independently and self-directed.
- Work across team to solve technical roadblocks for our customers.
- Be humble and willing to learn.
- You work well with a portfolio of â€œdifficult problems...solved."
- You like to build new things.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your success at work.
- You are excited to work in a Â startup environment.
- We value personal and professional integrity and it is a must-have trait for all employees.
- We like to learn constantly.
- We like to work in small, rapid iterations.
- We get things done.
- We like to have fun.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Java and Java web-services experience.
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable systems
- Expert experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Expert experience with Java and Java web-services.
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other Lucene-based datastores, a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.