Summary of Role
Eduventures, a division of ACT/NRCCUA, is seeking a Survey & Tableau Visualization Research Analyst to play an important role serving executives at universities and at the growing number of vendor companies that serve the higher education market. This is an exciting opportunity for an entry- to mid-level professional with strong quantitative and Tableau skills seeking to apply and broaden their experience at a fast-paced, professional research and advising organization. The successful Survey & Tableau Visualization Research Analyst will assist in designing and executing surveys and survey data analysis using Tableau and other analysis tools in areas including enrollment management, retention, student success, and information technology. This role provides an exciting opportunity to develop and apply research that serves both the broader higher education market as well as the needs of individual clients.
• Create customized, client-friendly reports using Tableau
• Apply appropriate analytical methodologies and instruments to research projects
• Clean and analyze results and report on project findings
• Effectively contribute to team projects
• Support effective knowledge management
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years experience using Tableau for reporting
• Good understanding of relational databases and how to structure data
• 1-3 years of professional research/analytical experience, preferably in higher education or education market
• Experience in traditional market research techniques and methodologies
• Competency with statistical program packages such as SPSS, Q, R, or STATA
• Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to transform key data into visualizations as well as compelling written findings and actionable recommendations
• Project management skills
• Ability to define inquiries and problem-solve
• Experience with survey instrument development
• Familiar with survey platforms, such as Qualtrics or SurveyGizmo
• Ability to analyze research results (frequencies, multi-variate techniques, cross-tabs, etc.)
• Ability to learn advanced techniques such as conjoint, latent class modeling, MaxDiff
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Superior attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
NRCCUA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
NRCCUA endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability and need an alternative method for applying, please contact Human Resources with your specific accommodation request.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The National Research Center for College and University Admissions is an educational data science and research organization serving over 1,800 member institutions comprised of public and private four-year colleges and universities across the nation. For 45 years, NRCCUA has been a leading provider of data, technology, and programs serving students, high school educators, four-year colleges and universities from its offices in Lee’s Summit, MO, Boston, MA, New York, NY, and Austin, TX. These solutions represent the link between students making important life decisions and those providing the resources and information they need to succeed in their post-secondary educations and careers. With the launch of its Encoura™ Data Lab, the company now combines data science, advanced analytics, research, predictive modeling and omnichannel enrollment services in one platform to enable institutions to make real-time strategic and operational decisions to meet their unique enrollment goals and create the highest probability of student success.
NRCCUA is now part of ACT. ACT is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people achieve education and workplace success. Headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa, ACT is trusted as the nation’s leader in college and career readiness, providing high-quality achievement assessments grounded in more than 50 years of research and experience. ACT offers a uniquely integrated set of solutions that help people succeed from elementary school through career, providing insights that unlock potential.
• Mission driven culture
• Paid holidays and unlimited PTO policy
• Generous benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life and Disability, HSA, FSA, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401k
• Casual dress
• Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals
AWS, Docker, Linux, Windows, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Node.JS, Python, the ELK stack, the MEAN stack, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
Starting with screening from Human Resources, followed by phone interviews, second interviews and even third interviews. In addition to the hiring manager, you make with leaders and other key stakeholders.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.