We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator/Engineer who is passionate about initiating, orchestrating and implementing various IT solutions. As a mid-to-senior level IT systems engineer you will be a “jack-of-all-trades,” expected to be familiar with a wide range of core IT principles. The right candidate should have a strong command of Windows environments, networking, virtualization, and storage. (Must be a U.S. Citizen)
• Microsoft Technologies: Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Services, BitLocker
• Experience with managed layer 2 and 3 switches, primarily Cisco IOS
• A very strong understanding of the TCP/IP stack and troubleshooting with Wireshark, tcpdump, or other tools
• A deep understanding of layer 2 switching technologies such as VLAN, VTP, RSTP, LACP
• Familiarity with one or more virtualization technologies such as, VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen, etc…
• Working knowledge of NAS protocols such as iSCSI, SMB/CIFS, or NFS
• A solid understanding of IT best practices
• Familiarity with enterprise storage solutions such as HPE 3PAR, HPE Nimble, Dell EMC, NetApp, or JBOD arrays
• SAN connection technologies such as SAS, FC, FCoE and various SFP’s
• Software-defined storage platforms such as ZFS, Ceph, vSAN, or similar
• Experience with UTM firewalls such as PaloAlto, Juniper, Fortinet or similar
• Experience working in hybrid environments that leverage Azure or AWS
• 802.1x implementation and/or usage with a centralized WAP solution
• Fluency in working with headless Debian and RHEL environments
CERTIFICATES (Not necessary, but helpful)
• MCSE/A, CCNP/A, RHCSE/A, PCNSE/A, VCP/A, CISSP
• BS degree in computer science (or a related field)
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD. We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. Leveraging agile R&D processes, a multidisciplinary collaborative environment, and its substantial intellectual property portfolio, IAI excels in developing concepts into market-focused products and customer-driven solutions. IAI's core R&D areas include Air Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications, Robotics and Sensor Systems.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.