LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
DHS – DOMino
(Development, Operations, Maintenance)
National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS)
DOMino is single-award IDIQ with a $1.15 billion ceiling. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats.
Under this contract, Obsidian will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. We will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS’s stakeholder community.
All levels of System Administrator will have the skills listed below. Each level may have additional education, skill and/or experience requirements.
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
Required skills include:
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
• Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
• Interact with users
• Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
• Provide advice and training to end-users.
• Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
• Provide software upgrade plans for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
• Conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
• Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
• Support shift work, as required.
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
• Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
• DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required.
• 6-8 or more years of system administration experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required.
• Master’s degree in related field is desired.
Obsidian Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Obsidian Global is a small federal IT Services firm experienced at developing solutions for government clients. We are headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Bethesda and Colorado. We have 120+ employees nationwide and are ISO and CMMI certified.
In addition to traditional small business healthcare benefits and 401K, we offer an online training platform to increase your skills and certifications for growth. We believe in personal development and good work/life balance. We host happy hours, sporting events, and holiday parties throughout the year. We also partner with event sites, gyms, and other perks to pass along corporate savings to our employees.
Most candidates go through an initial phone screening with the recruiter, then either a phone interview or in-person interview followed by an offer.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.