Job Title: Systems Administrator Subject Matter Expert
Position Number: SA001
Location: Indian Head, MD
Relocation: No relocation offered for this position
Travel: 10% CONUS and/or OCOCUS
Clearance: DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
Date Posted: February 10, 2020
The Systems Administrator Subject Matter Expert will work with the Expeditionary Exploitation Unit ONE (EXU-1) N6/Communications Department to perform tasks that support command communications operations. The applicant will need to have experience working with Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) NIPR and SIPR, stand-alone networks, and DoD software in order to meet the client’s expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the N6/Communications department with NMCI NIPR and SIPR Network to include: account creation process; manage security groups and distribution lists through Windows active directory; maintain share drive folders in accordance with DoD and PII Instructions; setup, maintain, and operate video teleconference equipment.
• Provide day-to-day assistance with DoD approved software to include but not limited to: Microsoft Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline operating system; Microsoft Office 2016; Microsoft Share Point; Adobe Systems software.
• Maintain computer hardware in private-network, stand-alone, and controller DoD network configurations to include but no limited to: create/image laptop computer hard drives; load mission required software; update required software (Anti-virus, Microsoft OS and Office, and Malware protection); Cisco Routers, switches, and Voice over IP phone systems.
• Assist with organization information management operations during steady-state and crisis/contingency operations.
• Track the effectiveness of implemented solutions with appropriate personnel and continue to monitor and make recommendations for potential improvements.
• Proficient at using basic computer applications to support analytical efforts and product development.
• Perform duties effectively with minimal supervision.
• IAT Level I (A+ of Network + CE) or IAT II (GSEC, Security + CE or SSCP).
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows Office Productivity Products I.E. Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and other or similar applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to assist in the development and presentation of reports and briefings on complex logistics subjects.
• Ability to travel and possess a current U.S. Passport.
Education and Experience:
• Five years of experience working as helpdesk technician or on-site network technician.
• Experience working with Cyber Security policies and practices.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree with 10 years of experience in computer or engineering field, or equivalent civilian or military qualifications with 10 years of experience.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.