Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. You will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineer-scientists committed to solving these problems. Our focus is on building robotic manipulation systems that are beyond the state of the art by integrating perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control as we pursue the long term goal of artificial general intelligence.
As a systems engineer you will be a critical piece of our infrastructure team, providing support for state-of-the-art development of robotic and AI based systems. You'll be hands-on with Linux, Windows and OS X, using scripting/interpreted languages to automate tasks where possible. Your efforts will be rewarded by knowing that you’re supporting the bleeding edge in robotic artificial intelligence research and development, every day.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our technical infrastructure stays running smoothly and efficiently. This will include:
· Building and deploying user laptops and desktops
· Performing employee on-boarding and off-boarding
· Troubleshooting end-user issues (application issues, network connectivity, printing, etc.)
· Documenting processes and procedures as necessary
· Other duties as required
Demonstrated skills and experience
· Extremely comfortable with Linux - especially Ubuntu
· Familiarity with Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows
· Basic understanding of the TCP/IP & OSI models
· Hands-on experience with endpoint support
· Familiarity with Meraki or other cloud based networking
· Advanced hardware and software support
· Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
· A detail-oriented mindset with the ability to follow through a project plan
· Can write a bash or python script to do just about anything
Bonus points for
· Experience with ROS
· Knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization technologies, and software defined networking
· Desired personal qualities
· Ability to admit when wrong
· Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
· Patience with others
· Intellectual breadth
· Sense of humor
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.