2420 OLD IVY RD OFFICE BUILDING
The Advancement Operations team at the University of Virginia is looking for a motivated Systems Integrations Specialist to help implement new software platforms and roll them out to UVA staff and volunteers. Familiarity with extract transform load (ETL) processes and data warehousing is key to success in this role. Additionally, a thorough knowledge of cloud-based software platforms, APIs, and the ability to code data transfers using SOAP, REST, SQL, JSON is a must. An appreciation of how data architecture affects user interface/experience (UX/UI) is a plus. Success depends on implementing and supporting a growing technology ecosystem that includes online fundraising and engagement software such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EverTrue, Eventbrite, Cvent, and CRM systems used by advancement stakeholders across Grounds.
Data accuracy, modern automation, and streamlining of online transaction reporting are crucial. We will configure new platforms with an eye to the future, while maintaining continuity of operations during the transition from legacy systems. An ability to work with evolving priorities and multiple stakeholders is required. We are seeking a self-starter; a team player familiar with Agile methodologies and an individual experienced with matrixed organizations that can maximize the power of collaboration and phased implementations across multiple software products. If this sounds like you, we invite you to join our team and help us meet and exceed the goals of our coming comprehensive fundraising campaign at Thomas Jefferson’s flagship educational institution. This position is full-time, with benefits.
The Systems Integration Specialist will need to: have the ability to quickly learn and understand new technical systems; understand user interface and mobile optimization; have teamwork, planning and organizational skills; have excellent written and telephone communication skills,; and be able to meet deadlines and handle swiftly changing priorities with ease.
Duties by Percentage of Time
30% - Data Exchange
• Create modular procedures via APIs to accept new vendor gift loads and event transactions.
• Perform extract, transform, load (ETL) operations to exchange data across cloud-based systems.
• Save time and reduce data errors by streamlining existing business practices to modernize and automate workflow.
• Perform quality assurance testing for data automation.
• Engage in paired programming, agile development, and version control best practices.
30% - Data Warehousing
• Help define business rules for cleansing and standardizing data updates and storing them in structured and unstructured data warehouses.
• Take part in ongoing master data management (MDM) meetings to ensure new constituent data from cloud-based platforms is appended to existing constituent records in connecting with an official golden record.
• Help cleanse, audit, and prepare data for transition to a new Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Help implement new CRM and workflow necessary to modernize data standards and support best practices at UVA Advancement.
35% - Software Configuration
• Help configure and maintain cloud-based software applications used by fundraisers and stakeholders across Grounds.
• Translate business needs into workable solutions within the bounds of available vendor software by evaluating user interface elements and determining proper data translations between systems.
• Help troubleshoot software implementations.
• Provide Tier 2 services and troubleshooting assistance to less technical staff.
• Act as an intermediary between vendors and stakeholders to ensure clear communication and correct business practices.
5% - Documentation
• Prepare and maintain detailed documentation of data processes, software configuration and other work for analysts and developers who may inherit responsibility for them.
• Use version control software and coding best practices to ensure maintenance and continuity of operations and backup systems
Examples of Decision Making
Without supervision: Work with staff, vendors and UVA stakeholders to meet established deadlines for the installation, configuration and deployment of cloud-based software platforms and CRM systems. Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders to troubleshoot existing services, provide best-practice leadership and enhance future services.
With Supervision: Determine the architecture of the technology ecosystem and component software platforms. Plan for future vendor support of UVA Advancement mission and goals. Resolve non-routine arrangements among constituencies and leadership. Provision additional software resources and contracts for technical infrastructure.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience) and at least 2 years of experience configuring and maintaining complex cloud-based software platforms and transferring data across systems using web service protocols, ETL and APIs (3 or more years of experience highly preferred).
Experience with APIs, SOAP, REST, and SQL.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
Experience in Agile or Lean development teams programming cloud-based systems, version-control software, and extract, transform, load (ETL) responsibilities.
Familiarity with Agile, Lean, Project Management Software, and User Interface Design.
Experience with: PL/SQL, Microsoft SSMS, GIT, ETL tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit, Mulesoft; Cloud-based software such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EverTrue, Eventbrite, Cvent, iModules, Classy, Amazon Web Services; CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Blackbaud, Ellucian; and UX/UI Design.
The choice between 3 different health plans; vision and dental insurance; life insurance; benefits savings accounts; starting with 22 days of paid time off a year in addition to 12 or more paid holidays; 8 weeks of paid parental leave; short term disability; up to $4,360 after your first year for combined use of tuition toward a degree-seeking program or up to $2,000 for professional development including classes, certification training and conferences; and more.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.