Location: Herndon, VA, SF and Bellevue
Job Title: Systems Security Operations Engineer, Security
Salesforce is looking to grow our expanding Gov Cloud team. To join this team, you'll need to have a passion for security, and love hands-on systems administration/automation. As a Systems Security Operations Engineer for Salesforce GovCloud, you will work with various teams, app owners, and should have solid understanding Unix/Linux. Working with multiple teams will require strong core skills with confidence in general networking knowledge and have strong security understanding.
As a key member of our team, the Senior Systems Engineer will work on the 'front lines' of the Salesforce production environment, the largest SaaS platform on the planet, protecting our critical infrastructure and proactively defending our customers' data. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for operations tasks such as patching, releases, building new roles/services in production as required, assisting teams with troubleshooting, enhancing the security of our production systems, developing the tools to help us maintain our production environment, ensuring that we maintain our external compliance certifications, and deploying and maintaining the systems in our production data centers.
- Management at scale & improvement of systems host configurations
- System vulnerability assessments and remediation, including the assessment/deployment of vendor security updates
- Support ongoing and new service/compliance initiatives
- Security incident response in coordination with other teams across the company and/or externally as required
- Deploy and manage systems, security, and application systems
- Design and develop tools to automate operations or reporting tasks
- Ability to work with multiple customers, context switch, learn fast, and communicate well
- Demonstrated understanding of general Unix/Linux systems administration (Or similar, e.g. Ubuntu, Solaris, etc.)
- Knowledge of linux host-based security
- Working knowledge of standard Unix infrastructure tools/protocols. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, IPSec etc.)
- Familiarity with OSI model
- Basic cross-functional understanding of network engineering concepts and protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, SSL, VLAN, etc.)
- Experience with writing scripts and automation (Python, Go, Shell, etc)
- Familiarity with Linux authentication and authorization methodologies, such as Kerberos, LDAP, Sudo, etc.
- Experience undergoing audit and implementing new controls specific to with Government standards including FedRamp, DOD SRG, PCI, SOC, ISO
- Host-based firewall security experience (access control list (ACL) management, secure remote management practices, IDS, etc
- Host-based security to include HIDS/HIPS, system auditing frameworks, etc.
- Configuration management with open-source tools, such as puppet, chef, salt, or ansible
- Working in high-availability, 24x7x365 large-scale multi-data center environment
- TACACS+, RADIUS, multifactor authentication systems (SecurID, YubiKey, etc.)
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience SaaS
- Securing, troubleshooting, and operating multi-tiered applications
- Strong communication skills
- Security based credentials are a plus (CISSP, OSCP, RHCE, GCUX, GSEC, GCED,GCIH,GCIA, AWS Security Specialist, AWS SA/Devops Pro)
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience
U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Salesforce is the Customer Success Platform, offering social and mobile cloud technologies—including flagship sales and CRM applications—to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways.
Annual assessments to ensure equal pay; pre-tax commuter benefits; $100 per month wellness reimbursement; education reimbursement; bottomless snacks and beverages.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.