*** To be considered, please complete the required technical prescreening assessment by following this link: https://app.technicallycompatible.com/Candidate/Register?id=817360bb-6d30-42b9-8387-b44b1112d675
Overview: Do you want to be a part of something innovative and cutting edge? If your answer is yes, then join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do!
Some of our ground-breaking work includes: advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country); mobile support for the user interfaces; learning management systems with social media features; user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities; innovative, machine-scorable items and that’s just to name a few.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. The Assessment group provides assessment services and technical assistance to school systems nationwide. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry and we are currently seeking a Systems Technical Project Lead to join our Assessments team in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities: The Technical Project Lead, Systems Engineering will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Acting as a liaison between the Systems Engineering team, the Project Management team, and the Software Engineering team on all issues including: system design, system analysis, server provisioning, software deployment, software performance, system reliability, and maintenance
• Developing requirements, budgets, and schedules for the Systems Engineering Team in coordination with the software engineering teams
• Assisting in establishing standard processes for diagnosing issues, tracking statuses, and escalating issues within and outside of the group
• Assisting in establishing product and process improvement plans to reduce support effort and increase product availability and scalability
• Facilitating requirements meetings, including peer review sessions and status meetings with clients and the Project Management team
• Establishing milestones, anticipating issues, and monitoring adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and the software development process
• Assuming day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that a project is completed on time and within budget and that all deliverables are of the highest quality
• Working closely with the Project Management team to share best practices, help resolve project issues, and ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks, taking into consideration each staff member’s skills and interests and each project’s needs
• Maintaining client relations and communications, including status reporting and informal conversations
Qualifications: • Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field
• 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of experience with a Master's degree
• Experience in applying best practices in project management, including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor, and report upon all phases of project activity
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or BaseCamp and one or more versioning tools such as CVS, SVN, Mercurial, and Git
• Experience with managing technical projects in a large, complex web-hosting environment
• Knowledge of IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to the design of large-scale web hosting environments
• Coordination of security related initiatives between the development teams, the system engineering team, and Rackspace
• Knowledge of network devices and protocols used in web hosting environments, including load balancers and firewalls
• Knowledge and familiarity with network operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS Server
• Experience with three-tier web hosting architecture: interface, application, and data
• Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Must be proactive, detail-oriented, and team-oriented
• Must have an aptitude for learning new software
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking technical professionals for our Washington, D.C. office.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
Advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
Mobile support for the user interfaces
Learning management systems with social media features
User interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
Innovative, machine-scorable items
Free beverages; family events; tuition aid program.
C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Python, Java, C/C++, SQL, HTML5, CSS, Java
After completion of the applicable technical prescreenng assessment, you will complete an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Following this will be a 30 min phone interview with the team and should there be continued interest, an onsite interview will be confirmed.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.