Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyse and prevent financial crime. We produce and maintain an enterprise-grade platform, enabling banks and multinationals to handle risks more efficiently and onboard customers, suppliers and partners. Our partners include global top-10 banks, big four advisory firms and large multinationals.
- Experience leading a team of engineers, including line management
- 5+ years web development
- Strong knowledge in Python and web development
- Experience with Docker and infrastructure
What’s different about us?
- Team of smart, collaborative people working together to solve hard, interesting problems for real customers.
- Anyone can get involved with any part of our system — front-end developers can write Hadoop jobs if they fancy.
- We have a committed focus on delivering quality, while not being scared of pushing back on customer demands. (A top bank recently told us that we were the first supplier that had asked them, "Why?" about their requirements.)
What hard problems are we solving?
- High frequency media monitoring with Big Data
We are maintaining a news cluster of a 120TB+ that we do millions of searches a day against in addition to searches against numerous data integration partners (see: http://blog.arachnys.com/how-we-solved-load-testing-scalability-issues-with-kong)
- Entity matching, and scoring across both structured, and unstructured data
We are pioneering algorithms for precision searching, and reconciliation of risk relevant information across our news data, and third party datasets (see: https://www.slideshare.net/charliejuggler/finding-the-bad-actor-custom-scoring-forensic-name-matching-with-elasticsearch)
- Structured, and semi-automated data extraction from complex web pages
We are engineering a multi-purpose Chrome extension to seamlessly automate complex data collection processes
- Distributed, highly-available process automation framework
We are developing a plug-n-play platform to ease the codification, and hence, the automation / structuring of repetitive business processes
What's great about our culture?
- We work hard but it’s never “Crunch-Time” for us. No sleeping under desks or 14-hour days.
- We use the best technology to solve problems, whether it’s something new or something established.
What benefits do we have?
- Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts
- We’re paired with a great L&D start-up, Wonderwerk
- Regular company wide social lunches, events, talks, parties and culture club
- Bonus.ly - Our in-house micro rewards scheme redeemable for haircuts, spotify memberships and much more
- We’ve got great infrastructure for working from home (easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat and Github)
- Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.