Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive brand, is looking to add a Senior Product Manager to our Product team in North Hills, NY.
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) in the Dealertrack.com team works closely with the Director of Product Management (DPM) to define product strategies supporting Administration, Authentication and Authorization products and systems for Dealertrack.com. This role will be responsible for leading the execution of these products throughout the delivery life cycle. The SPM will also be responsible for analyzing existing and new technologies as well as staying in tune with current market developments and conducting competitive analysis.
As a function of this role you will gather and prioritize product and customer requirements while working closely with the product manager / product owner to develop specifications according to current needs and support the product’s ongoing maintenance and enhancements. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will also partner with the software engineering development team in overseeing and approving product designs, enhancements, and quality. Additionally, you will interface with customers, sales and marketing to drive product direction and confirm capabilities meet market needs, to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are exceeded.
• Product Strategy
o In conjunction with the DPM, contributes to product vision, strategy and product planning and execution for entire assigned products throughout the product life cycle
o Deliver Project goals, release goals/acceptance criteria and desired business outcomes and prioritized features and products to be worked on to Product Mangers / Product Owners and Scrum Managers to enable successful functional design and product development
o Responsible for working closely with all stakeholders (to ensure their interests are included in the release) and the team (to make sure the release is developed by the deadline and within budget).
o Contribute to new product concepts or product enhancements to existing products to deliver on product revenue goals
o Confirms the new product business case and vision with stakeholders
o Assists and leads enabling the requirements definition by Product Owners
o Measures and assesses client satisfaction with new product/project introductions
o Maintain a product roadmap for owned products
• Product Performance
o Monitor product financial, sales, and marketing metrics, interpret the data for trends, and formulate any corrective action
o Collects and analyzes customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
o Analyze existing and new technologies as well as market developments and competition and work with SPM to develop product technical specifications and requirements according to needs
o Identify improvements and changes in process, packaging, positioning, messaging, and targeting to enhance product revenues and direct cost attributed to product
o Manage enhancement requests to current product lineup to affect product fit in the current year
• Sales and Marketing Enablement
o Assists and leads getting key product information out to Sales and Marketing teams to enable marketing and sales activities around the assigned product
o May lead creating and giving sales and training presentations necessary to run campaigns and support customer visits
o Provides Support and Services organization with product knowledge for owned products
o Act as an advocate for his/her own products
o Recommend any process improvements and content necessary to enable Sales and Marketing of the owned products
• Product Support and Services Enablement
o Act as the subject matter expert for the owned products and provides or facilitates getting key information out to enable supporting and implementing the owned products
o Conduct product training, presentations and briefs as needed
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree desired
• 3+ Years Product Management experience a must. Automotive, lending, or financial services industry strongly desired
• Experience with Authorization and Authentication components working in conjunction with User Access Management Systems
• Experience in Single Sign On and Multifactor Authentication capabilities
What We Look For:
• Development, or consulting environment in a technology-focused role
• Advanced interpersonal communication skills and ability to relate with and understand business audience and develop technology solutions
• Knowledgeable of or experience with UI and UX/user-centric design
• Possess ability to relate with and understand business audience and develop technology solutions (a blend of both business and technical skills)
• Experienced working with software engineering teams on complex products and working through all phases of development cycle in order to deliver product to market
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where information must be readily digested, and decisions made expeditiously
• Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to balance multiple complex initiatives and tasks
• Strong understanding of development processes, quality assurance, and project management methodologies
• Must have excellent critical thinking skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, analytical, and listening skills.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.