What You’ll Do Here:
We are currently hiring for a Technical Product Manager to lead our continuous learning program, which will help us reinvent our platforms to deliver higher-quality learning experiences to our students and instructors. This will be a high-profile opportunity to help craft and deliver a roadmap that is a critical piece of our go-forward strategy.
Know the User:
• Know their workflows, needs, value drivers, decision making process, and unstated intent and goals.
• Identify the key users who will drive growth
• Clearly articulate the target users' workflows
• Understand their goals, value drivers, and unstated intent
• Document user decision making process and relative importance of decision criteria
• Understand the role of content and pedagogical approach in key disciplines (and implication for digital builds)
Know the market:
• Understand the market, the products, major course areas, our competitors, and the route to market.
• Clearly document competitive landscape and key discipline overlay
• Understand and document the relative competitive position of Cengage products and feature area versus competition
• Know which of the priority course areas / disciplines drives growth for the platform and the relative importance of value drivers between the priority disciplines (if any)
• Have clear evaluation in decision making of the impact our decisions have on go to market
Know our business:
• Understand our business context – mission, strategy, competitive differentiators, activations, sell through, sources of activations growth, business resources.
• Understand and articulate the Higher Education (HED) strategy and how their work ladders up to HED (role within the mission)
• Seek or define clarification for area of HED strategy that are unclear (make and confirm documented assumptions to allow progress to be made)
• Document the articulation of our platform and workflow specific competitive differentiators and disadvantages
• Define, track, and understand implication of all key user KPIs (e.g. activations, usage by site area of responsibility, DAU/WAU/MAU, engagement metrics including content type usage)
• Understand and articulate how their area and work ladders up to the larger platform and then HED goal
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The leading college textbook publisher in the US, we're now disrupting our own industry by making all 22,000 of our titles available via a subscription--making us the "Spotify for textbooks"--which students can now view using any connected device (mobile, tablet, laptop, etc.). In just 7 months, we've now reached over 1 million paid subscriptions--which means we're growing 4 times faster than Spotify did when they started out!
Unlimited learning! Generous vacation and fully subsidized benefits. Really great people / office culture--lots of activities and fun ways to engage.
Java, AWS, Linux, JUnit, Jenkins, Git, Sonar, Maven, Gatling, JMeter, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
Introductory phone call, followed by Zoom Video chat with the hiring manager, followed by online technical test, followed by in-person Face-to-Face interviews with the team.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.