Secure, HIPAA-compliant communications are critical for patients’ protected health information—or PHI. We hear about security breaches, their cost to hospitals and the impact on patients every day. And care team members need to support workflows by using the devices that make the most sense for their roles. The challenge for healthcare organizations is that although many of the popular messaging apps and services that consumers regularly use do offer encryption, they do not meet the interoperability and flexibility needs--or the strict standards--of the healthcare environment. Check out how our communications are working by watching this video: Encrypted Communications.
As a Technical Product Manager at Spok on the Messaging team, you will be responsible for an integral part of our collaborative communications platform for healthcare enterprises. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced matrixed environment and want to invent the future.
As a self-starter, and collaborative team player, you will define, execute, and deliver a product execution roadmap that adds great value to our customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the team, and you will develop and maintain product roadmaps and feature backlog based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with Engineering, UX, DevOps, Professional Services, Support, Clinical SME’s, and other Product teams to bring your product to the market. A successful candidate puts the customer first in everything, is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, smart software that improves healthcare outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Instill an understanding of the key user personas with your product delivery team
• Develop and then breakdown features for the Engineering team
• Proactively identify risks and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Work with Customer, Support, Professional Services, and Engineering to resolve escalations and incorporate feedback from the field in future product releases
• Develop and maintain understanding of market, competitors, customer workflows and processes used in healthcare and enterprise communications
• Brief and train internal departments (e.g. Sales Engineering, Professional Services, and Support) on new and/or enhanced product features
• Fulfill the Product Owner role on the agile delivery team, following SAFe
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science Preferred.
Skills and Experience Required:
• 3+ years of technical/product management, or product development experience
• High level of product knowledge of critical communications, IT and competitive products and other voice communications technologies
• 3+ years’ experience selling, supporting, or developing enterprise SaaS solutions
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams comprised of Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, and Engineering
• Knowledge of User Experience principles and best practices is a plus
• Experience in Agile development
• Ability to absorb and make sense of large amounts of data, information, and perspectives to direct decision making
• Ability to drive for results with minimal guidance
• Curious, willing to ask questions and apply critical thinking
• Open minded, willing to look at things from another perspective
• Collaborative in your approach to work
• Experience working with Director level and above to define problems and priority of work.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Spok is going places. Our success comes from an amazing group of innovative and determined global employees who make Spok a great place to work.
What we do matters. Our technology is used by people who save lives—from a doctor treating a patient to an emergency operator responding to a life safety situation. We help ensure they can communicate safely, securely, and efficiently.
Our relationships matter. Spok employees get to work with interesting people every day both internally and within our customers’ organizations. You’ll also have interaction with key leaders working in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
Join us. Whether you are just getting started or have years of experience, you’ll be at the forefront of building innovative solutions in a highly collaborative environment.
We pride ourselves on not compromising on the technical architecture we use to make what we do, happen. Surround yourself with the best technology and the brightest technical experts around.
Enjoy a hard working yet people minded culture. Personal work-space and a variety of collaborative working environments in an open air, open office environment. Regular community involvement events through our Spok Gives Back mindset. Monthly, company wide birthday and anniversary parties. Catered breakfast every Friday morning!
Multiple health plans at VERY competitive rates (including a Health Savings Account)
Company matching 401k plan
Employee Stock Purchase plan
Flexible Savings Plans for the employee and dependents
Company paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary Life and AD&D
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Company paid Education Assistance Program
Competitive Paid Time Off plan with 7 paid holidays.
Our interview process traditionally follows a three step process. A phone interview with our Technical Recruiting team (20-30 mins.), then a phone interview with the position's Hiring Manager (20-30 mins.). Finally, you will come on-site to meet the Hiring Manager and a number of peers and leaders as it relates to the position you are interviewing for.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.