GEICO's Cybersecurity Threat Management and Design organization is seeking a highly motivated, process-oriented Security Operations Center Lead for our Cyber Security Operations Center. This team is responsible for successful defense against cybercriminals and protecting GEICO's $30bn+ brand and reputation. The team's responsibilities include incident triage, containment, and escalation. The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of technology, attack and defensive techniques, and incident command. The position requires creative, intuitive, and rapid (but accurate) decision making. Qualified candidates are demonstrably strong leaders and have driven success as a formal or informal leader for a minimum of two years, preferably multiple teams, with a track record of results improvement.
Qualified candidates are enthusiasts for data and functional security metrics to measure health and progress of in-scope security responsibilities. For qualified candidates, a pre-interview assignment will be issued to gauge skill in the aforementioned areas in addition to communication skills. The qualified candidate has a track record of successfully coaching and developing others and him/herself. The role demands a track record of on time delivery coupled with excellent proactive communication skills and ability to collaborate with others for delivery. Successful candidates must display excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to successfully communicate technical concepts in business terms and in technical terms as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing and responding to cybersecurity events and incidents
• Communicating with management accurately and appropriately
• Ensure the security of GEICO's systems and information
• Development of security staff and services for measurable continuous improvement
• Coaching and mentoring of associates for continued development and results
• Establishing goals and developing plans to continually improve security services leveraging service delivery and management methodologies
• Manage team performance reviews and development plans
• Establishing metrics, improving quality, and reducing delivery time for services
• Building strong partnerships with other teams
• Coordinating activities with other stakeholders to ensure overall quality & timeliness of deliverables
• Ensuring the on-time delivery of organizational plan items
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Ability to lead an incident
• Ability to coach and mentor engineers and analysts for improved performance and team dynamics.
• Capable of leading change to successful conclusion of projects/tasks.
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and concepts (Saas, Paas, IaaS, etc)
• Knowledge of platform areas, including DevOps, DBA and Middleware functions
• Knowledge of infrastructure function including network, distributed compute, storage, and server infrastructure, etc.
• Knowledge of secure software development life cycle frameworks and secure coding practices
• Knowledge of business continuity, disaster recovery, and resiliency
• Knowledge of IT service management and service delivery practices
• Must be able to provide 24x7 supports for mission critical systems/services
• Must possess or obtain CySA+ within 6 months of accepting the position
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.