Purpose of Job:
The Technical Writer will be responsible for researching and writing user manuals, hardware and software installation guides, technical reference manuals, and release notes for APCON’s industry leading suite of network monitoring hardware and software solutions. This will require working collaboratively with all stakeholders to determine product documentation requirements, and to ensure documentation accuracy and completeness.
- Gathers technical information by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to access internal specifications, block diagrams, drawings, part lists, training materials, and prototypes of products
- Describes features and functions of APCON’s cutting edge technology by writing content that describes the technology, competitive features, and sequence of installation, configuration, and operating procedures
- Creates screenshots and diagrams to illustrate procedures
- Works with the Marketing Team to prepare photographs, drawings, and other graphics to best illustrate new features in technical manuals
- Ensures consistent messaging with marketing documentation such as data sheets, white papers, and case studies
- Prepares a complete draft for technical review and approval to ensure technical accuracy and completeness of information
- Revises and edits technical documentations as necessary
- Edits and provides feedback on team member documents
- Submits the final electronic and printed documentation to manufacturing for routing and sign-off through the ECO process
- Works closely with the Technical Marketing Team to distribute final product documentation
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes to scope, format, and content
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years in a Technical Writer role in the networking industry (or similar technology)
- Expertise using unstructured FrameMaker, SVN (Subversion), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, and Snagit
- Demonstrable flexibility in managing multiple documentation projects with varying and changing release schedules
- Creativity in formulating new content, and revising and streamlining existing content
- Must follow generally accepted industry standards and practices for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent in training and experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy work-life balance and generous paid time off program
- Retirement savings match
- Professional development program
- Volunteer time off and employee assistance plan
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- On-site exercise facility
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.