Unifi.id - Movement Intelligence
Unifi.id is a unique, automated movement intelligence platform, providing organisations the ability to gather comprehensive indoor location data on each and every individual user, seamlessly and automatically, without the technological, privacy and adoption barriers imposed by smartphones or facial recognition. The platform recognises individuals and can automate actions based on their location and personal characteristics, as well as report on attendance and facility usage at a granular level. Early customers include commercial offices, co-working spaces, hospitality venues, and now universities.
Technically, Unifi.id is a next-gen, low latency IoT system in a Linux-based environment, with both bare-metal and cloud deployments, mostly in the Java ecosystem. Fluency with these baseline technologies is essential. We deploy sensors in buildings that communicate with our own on-site gateways, which report to our AWS instances. Prior experience with radio-frequency protocols such as RFID, Bluetooth, wi-fi, as well as AWS would be helpful.
We are looking for an experienced TechOps engineer to provide long-term maintenance and continuous operational improvement. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to challenge themselves on a cross-technology role, take on lots of responsibility and autonomy, and become an instrument of success in an ambitious tech scale-up.
The TechOps role is to:
- Ensure the infrastructure never goes down;
- If it does go down, to get it back up immediately;
- That automation is constantly improving;
- That new installations, configuration, and maintenance gets easier and quicker;
- Be proactive with improvements to the infrastructure;
- Work closely with the development team to feed back to the product.
- On site in London;
- Prepared to travel to customer sites around the UK;
- Strong Linux sysadmin skills;
- Strong understanding of networking;
- Strong understanding of logging and monitoring best practises;
- Strong understanding of deploying web apps;
- Good understanding of SQL;
- Sufficient development skills to automate areas of operation e.g. shell scripting;
- Comfortable interacting with end clients;
- Comfortable supporting the infrastructure outside of regular hours in urgent situations;
- Comfortable working independently;
- Prepared to take sole responsibility for TechOps duties until the team scales.
- Experience with Debian, Java, AWS, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, AppOptics, Papertrail, Pingdom, CFEngine;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Comfortable driving to end client locations;
- Has own transport;
- Has a full UK driving licence.
- Working remotely as much as possible;
- Employee share options EMI scheme;
- Commission for customer introductions;
- Staff pension.
You will be required to attend the office at the University of East London, Docklands and to install, maintain or repair equipment on customer sites around London.
Please send your CV and any portfolio you may have and we will respond within 24-48 hours with the results of screening.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.