Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Test Engineer.
As part of the Software Engineering in Test Team, you will ensure proper automation is developed for functional test cases and other automatable business scenarios with the intention of increasing productivity in software product development. You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products. As a test engineer you will also create tools so developers can test their own code. You will navigate the product(s) codebase, identify weak spots, and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems, and as a result you'll have a big and direct impact on the quality of Kapsch’s growing suite of products and services. You will also be expected to interact with members of other teams during design, development, and maintenance of products to also seek improvement areas. The main products are transaction processing systems, similar to a clearing-house application, with supporting applications that provide diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring.
• Have strong troubleshooting/fault categorization and client/server debugging skills
• Have experience testing both front and back end systems
• Have experience vetting requirements and authoring test plans
• Have experience writing automated tests
• Can work independently while also coordinating with their product and QA teams
• Has framework/tool experience: Selenium (or a Selenium-based framework like Geb, Webdriver.io, Nightwatch, etc), REST Assured (or Karate, or similar), or Postman/SoapUI (incl. advanced scripting/headless execution features), Testing modern web development frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js), IDEs (IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, etc)
• Has protocol/standards experience regarding: TCP/IP, SSL, REST, SOAP
• Degree in computer science or related field
Beneficial education, skills, and work experience:
• Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Requires between 0 and 4 years relevant work experience.
• Experience with tooling like Docker and Ansible
• Familiarity with Agile development methods (I.e. Scrum) is highly preferred
• Experience working in a team environment where team members are geographically dispersed.
• Enjoying unit testing, documentation, design reviews, and code reviews
• Desire to learn new skills, improve existing ones, and continuously improve professionally with on the job training
The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an Austria-based provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) offering solutions across our customers’ entire value chain. This includes such applications as electronic tolling, road user charging, urban access and parking, road safety enforcement, commercial vehicle applications, electronic vehicle registration, advanced traffic management, and V2X cooperative systems. Kapsch TrafficCom delivers a full range of end2end solutions - from single components and project design to the installation of fully integrated turnkey systems, system operations, and ongoing maintenance.
Kapsch TrafficCom has references from 43 countries on all continents. In North America, the company operates over 15 offices in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.