As the Vodafone Release Manager, you will report to the Test Service Manager, you hold a key role in the delivery of projects and sprints in Vodafone IT. You are an admired leader who will manage a small team of Quality Assurance and Release manager provided by a vendor. You will immerse yourself in the Vodafone transition to a digital organisation. You will take the existing Release Management service to new heights by driving process efficiency and improvements. You will champion “agile ways of working” and be hungry for innovation and will embrace creativity, experimentation and risk taking with a “fail fast” mentality. You will be creative in how you solve complex problems. Above all, you will be passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience through intelligent use of technology.
Your Next Challenge:
• You will work closely and collaboratively across Technology and Business units.
• You will be an admired leader.
• You will engage with a number of cross function teams, Business Owners, Project Managers and Vendors, security, operations and Group colleagues. You will drive these teams to work together to successfully deliver a portfolio of projects across Enterprise Release, through proactive management of dependencies, issues and risks of the constituent parts of the programme (projects, Small Change and BAU initiatives) to achieve business objectives
• You will engage in initial planning with Demand/Arch and look for synergy’s on where projects can be grouped into a releases/programme of work while ensuring that we maintain speed to market through agile delivery. Ensure delivery is consistent with agreed delivery model and standards.
• You will drive Release process and any improvements to the existing Release Management service and take it to the next level by incorporating all Enterprise Releases being managed under one umbrella and potential to expand and grow the team.
• Supporting & working alongside domains team to progress the CICD roadmap.
• You will be part of a wider team under Test Service Manager who would look after Testing and Environments too.
• You will be responsible for managing the Quality and Assurance function as well.
• Occasionally you may be requested to provide a Test Manager support on projects to support the wider team.
What you need:
• 7-9 years relevant programme mgmt.
• 3 to 5 year of Release Management experience, managing large scale releases
• Strong understanding of Quality Assurance principles & Processes
• IT Degree or equivalent
• Good experience in both agile and waterfall delivery
• Ideal to have worked as Release Manager in an Enterprise Applications in a Telecom company.
• Good understanding of the CICD roadmap.
• Good experience in telecoms across both mobile, fixed and converged
• Experience in delivering enterprise scale solutions comprised of multiple disparate technologies
• Strong vendor management experience
• Experience of working on complex integration programmes across numerous vendors
• Strong analytical and reporting skills
• Excellent communicating skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues in simple terms
• People skills, especially diplomacy and advocacy skill & Strong Stakeholder Management
• Good to have knowledge about QC, ITIL, JIRA
• Analytical and capable of making data-driven decisions
• Good Test Management Skills
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Vodafone is a mobile telecommunications company that offers voice, messaging, and data services.
Fully stocked beer fridge; free lunches; retail discounts.
Java (JEE), Java Servlets, AWS, Docker, Python, Scala, Go, Clojure, Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB, Redis, Neo4j, MySQL
Phone screen with recruiter; phone call with hiring manager; onsite interview with tech test (meeting with 2-3 others on the team). Average interview period: 2 weeks.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.