Are you a talented and passionate UI/UX Designer who's deeply skilled in visual design, interaction
design, information architecture, prototyping, and design thinking? Are you interested in working for
an innovative company that's relied on by top organizations to make critical data-driven business
decisions? If so, come join us at Vertica as we empower our customers with an experience that
informs and drives their business success!
Vertica is a blazingly fast, advanced SQL analytics database with essential enterprise features – built-
in machine learning, predictive analytics, fine-tuning capabilities, integrated BI/reporting, data
ingestion and more. We enable organizations to derive more value and timely insights from their
data. Come join a new UX practice at a company that's solving data analytics problems for the
world's top organizations, where you'll work on front-end experiences, including the Vertica
Management Console, to ensure our UI products are solving customers problems while providing
them with a modern, streamlined experience.
You’re a seasoned UX/UI Designer who’s comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, and you find
innovative ways to address business problems by keeping the customer goals first and foremost. You
excel in collaborative partnerships with Product, QA, Dev, and other stakeholder functions, both in
person and with remote colleagues. Design thinking permeates what you do, how you think, and
how you evangelize for our users. You'll have a significant impact on our business, working with
onsite and offshore resources, to help craft and drive the future front-end experience of our users.
You can synthesize research and requirements, then sketch, ideate, and wireframe to visualize and
share your solutions. You've set up and run experimentation to help accelerate learning and design
testing, helping to ensure we're asking the right questions and building the right things. You'll be
thinking strategically about how solutions can be leveraged and are extensible to other problems in
· Design and develop user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, interface mockups, and prototypes.
· Listen attentively to uncover assumptions, core problems, and opportunities.
· Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, in persuasive and engaging ways.
· Apply design thinking that connects research, best practices, and business and user outcomes.
· Deeply understand our users, their business challenges, and the unique problems they're trying
· Champion usability and accessibility while ensuring brand and style guidelines are met.
· Create style guides, component libraries, and other artifacts that will improve development
while delivering user continuity.
The ideal candidate
· Has 5+ years professional experience in the software/design/digital world.
· Has 5+ years of recent experience in UX roles creating prototypes, highly detailed wireframes,
and workflows for complex web applications.
· Demonstrates expertise in user experience design and user research and is strongly skilled in
prototyping, systems thinking, and user interface design.
· Is happy to talk through their thinking, processes, and decisions, and to show their work.
· Develops and delivers high-quality UX in a blended environment (not Agile, but iterative).
· Advocates for and evangelize design thinking throughout the organization.
· Has an online portfolio demonstrating UX deliverables and projects, including wireframes,
journey maps, personas, and interactive prototypes, and any other pieces that demonstrate and
highlight your UX chops.
· Bachelor degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design, or related field.
· Master degree preferred.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and
inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with
a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what
they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building
great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome
to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world’s most data driven
organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database
delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built
into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.