Do you want to help HCL build next-generation DevOps and Cloud web applications? As a Front End Software Engineer at HCL UrbanCode, you will specialize in building responsive, elegant and enterprise-grade web applications that scale to support continuous delivery in some of the world’s largest companies. We take pride in delivering software that solves our customers' problems in innovative and creative ways.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for the user experience with the ability to build rich, cross-browser compatible, responsive web pages with an eye for detail and a desire to create polished UI. If you enjoy working in an agile environment on a rapidly evolving commercial software product, then we’d love to speak with you.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• Take UX design mocks and translate them to prototypes and working products
• Design and implement new user-facing features in HCL’s products
• Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications
• Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale for enterprise clients
• Design online and print marketing materials including eBooks, online ads and trade show collateral for UrbanCode
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Candidate must have the specific work authorization of either a US Citizen or Green Card Holder (we cannot accept EAD or other work authorization status even if requiring no sponsorship).
• Candidate must presently be located in NE Ohio Market (Cleveland, Akron, Canton area). We are not looking to relocate candidates for this role, even at you own expense.
• 2+ years of experience as a Usability Analyst/User Experience Analyst
• 2+ years of graphic design experience
• Portfolio of projects and experience
• Strong design skills around the user experience with an eye for design and attention to detail
• Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
• English: Fluent
• Significant experience developing user-facing software
• Practical experience with responsive web design, media queries, resolution independent image display, and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality to the range of client devices
• Experience creating print collateral
• Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
• At least 1 year demonstrated experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of modern web libraries and frameworks such as React, Meteor and AngularJS
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.