• Our environment consists of both unix and windows servers. We utilize a variety of different database technologies and IBM products to provide a data solutions, reporting, and analytics.
• The need to rearchitect and enhance this environment is critical. We require someone that can handle a variety of different skills and software tools in order to make this happen.
• Being able to inventory assets, offer suggestions, troubleshoot and provide effective solutions is vital in this role since there are a lot of moving parts. The ability to communicate and work as a team player is important as well.
• Another aspect is supporting the existing system. The need for someone that is capable of supporting, trouble shooting and bug fixing database/script/unix/windows issues is critical.
What we need:
• Ability to work independently and be productive. Be able to report on your status/progress efficiently.
• Windows / Unix (various versions). Productivity in working between both environments.
• Multi-tasking – the ability to handle/queue multiple requests and work efforts.
• User/Group Management - Understand how Unix/Windows works with ADOM for user and application privileges.
• Basic understanding of PBRUN / Cyberark and how it functions between systems local/global user accounts – how applications interact with local vs global accounts.
• Able to reverse engineer / breakdown / enhance legacy scripts written in KSH, .CMD, VBScript, and other legacy ETL scripting languages. Be able to translate into future established tools.
• Advanced knowledge on Oracle, SQL, PLSQL Plus, and development tools that allow you to create/troubleshoot/debug SQL. Knowledge on PL SQL Loader.
• Knowledge on Teradata – how to access and interface with it, as well as building SQL/scripts and using tool sets such as fast export.
• Unix skills – such as development/scripting using .KSH, environment variables. Expert knowledge in user/app permissions and how to navigate and work in a productive manner.
• Knowledge in tools that allow Unix/X ui interfaces. Knowledge on utilizing CFI/FTP functionality.
• Knowledge in IBM Datastage. Understand how it works. Be able to support existing and new projects. There is a need to be able to convert existing legacy jobs into more streamlined jobs which require less support.
• Support – be able to support and maintain production systems. Because this requirement is for a business-critical system, there may be times where you are required to support it outside of normal business hours.
• The knowledge and understanding to startup/restart and debug application specific issues related to our production servers. For example, if there is a production outage in a server related to COGNOS or Datastage, you must be able to help support it.
• Knowledge in COGNOS. Understand its architecture, how to use it efficiently, and to offer suggestions on how we can make our environments better.
• Analytics – be able to support and build reporting/analytic solutions in COGNOS, as well as through database technologies.
• Know how to work with and troubleshoot database technologies using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Know how to configure Oracle databases appropriately.
• Expert knowledge in building COGNOS Framework packages, and how to deploy them in sandbox/production environments.
• Moderate knowledge in understanding and supporting IIS (Internet Information Systems)
Operating Systems: Unix / Windows
Databases: Oracle (primary) Teradata (primary) SQL Server, AWS
Database Tools: SQL Plus, SQL Developer, PL SQL Loader, Teradata Fast Export, Teradata Studio
Languages/Functions: KSH, CMD, VBScript, Crontab, Scheduled Tasks, ADOM, PowerBroker, CyberArk, Java, Python
Software: Datastage, Director, Framework Manager, COGNOS (Admin/Report/Ad-Hoc/etc), IIS, Apache
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.