Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language, through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team, our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
You are a high impact engineering executive – you lead teams to innovate with purpose to build products that shape and lead their markets. You have a great blend of technology, strategic thinking, and business drive. You have a strong track record of bring great new products to market and can develop a great team. You have the energy, drive, and passion to succeed.
We are passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of user focused innovation. We are searching for a great leader who shares that mentality to join our team as the VP of Engineering reporting directly to the CEO.
What you get to do
• Lead all software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA and operations to create robust and reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap across a portfolio of highly trafficked sites and mobile applications.
• Lead efforts to adopt actionable best practices such as behavior driven development, and 12-factor apps to meaningfully advance efficiency and quality
• Lead a team of highly skilled technologists to transform existing front end and back end architecture into a platform that can support a suite of applications and services
• Enact a strategic plan for developing and empowering talent with processes that result in optimal production quality and development efficiency
• Prioritize technology projects, clearly communicate status of technology projects to executive team, expose risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy
• Participate in business planning and play a key role in designing the product strategy and roadmap
• Collaborate with product, marketing and finance teams to align business and strategic goals with technology driven initiatives
• Mentor, grow and attract top talent
• 5+ years of demonstrated success leading teams to architect, develop and maintain complex consumer web products and mobile applications (IOS/Android)
• Experience at internet company in media or content space, SEO a plus
• Offshore or multi-location experience very helpful
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate agile product development strategies
• Business strategy and goal oriented in approach to decision making, prioritization and performance measurement
• Strong leadership, people management, communication and analytical skills
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks. Unlimited vacation policy, excellent medical plans, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, team building outings, celebrations, and food!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.