An opportunity has arisen for a Wintel Technical Support Services Engineer to join the Server Management team, based in our South Wales, Bristol or Chelmsford offices.
Wintel Services currently supports in excess of 7000 Windows based servers throughout the UK, both internally for CGI and within a number of clients. These clients are involved in areas such as water, electricity and gas supply, building and Local Government, amongst others. The majority of systems are based in Bridgend with travel to remote sites anywhere in the UK as appropriate.
Services provided to these clients include e-Mail, File and Print Services, Terminal Services/Citrix XenApp, Directory Services, Virtualisation, Anti-Virus, Edge Security, Remote Access and Systems Management.
This is a key role that needs a reliable, resourceful person, capable of showing initiative, with appropriate skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently when required.
Staff are required to follow standard procedures which are regularly audited to maintain external quality standards accreditation.
For certain projects, staff will also require the appropriate level of security clearance.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as they will be required to liaise with customers and colleagues; and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience of working with Microsoft Windows based server technologies. This must include a sound understanding of:
- the installation, configuration and administration of Windows Servers
- networking concepts, including TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP and DNS
At least two years’ experience in at least a second line support role, with three or more of the following technology areas:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Citrix XenApp 6/6.5/7.x
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business) 2010/2013/2015
- Symantec BackupExec, CA BrightStor ARCserve
- AV - McAfee ePO, Sophos Enterprise Console, Sophos Endpoint Protection Manager
- Device Control/Encryption - PGP Universal Server, Sophos Safeguard, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Becrypt
- Email filtering - McAfee Email Gateway, Sophos Mail Appliance, Clearswift, Mimesweeper
- Proxy - Microsoft ISA/TMG/UAG, Sophos Web appliance, Websense Enterprise/Web Security
- Systems Management: - SCCM 2007/2012/2016, WSUS
- Competent in the use of Remedy Service Desk for Incident and Change
- McAfee, Symantec and Sophos AntiVirus in an Enterprise environment (2000+ AV clients)
- VBScript, Powershell
- Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX
- Microsoft Clustering
- Local attached storage – such as MSAs
- Disaster Recovery of Windows Servers
- MCP in any of the Microsoft technology areas listed above
- MCSE 2008/2012
- Citrix CCA/CCP
- VMware Certified Professional
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the centre of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.