PowerTarget is looking for a part-time developer to lead our growing suite of WordPress sites. As a complement to our team, you’ll lead efforts to develop new sites and assist in the continued expansion of our current properties. We’re looking for a talented, self-sufficient individual who can be productive and communicate effectively in a remote environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Update pages, custom themes and potentially plugins as new features arise or existing features evolve.
- Convert designer comps into plain HTML/CSS or integrate into WordPress.
- Develop new WordPress sites to expand the PowerTarget portfolio of sites.
- Analyze performance of pages, scripts (PageSpeed, ySlow, etc).
- Maintain cleanliness of pages to improve search rankings and maintainability.
- Develop alternative page formats (e.g. AMP, Tablet, Mobile)
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-device functionality of new and existing pages.
- Make recommendations and set standards for source code and site management and maintenance.
- Experience with source control systems (preferably Git)
- Experience building complete WordPress sites, pages and plugins
- Experience with LESS or SASS
- Experience using client-side build and packaging tools (webpack, gulp, etc)
- Examples of sites you’ve built
- Experience using Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform.
- Experience optimizing sites for performance (asset bundling, minification, profiling, etc)
- Experience with automated testing
- Growth Opportunities
- Provide UX feedback and guidance.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.