GEICO's Corporate Support Systems department has an exciting opportunity for a Workday Cloud Engineer to join our team to ensure the successful implementation and support of Workday Financials. Our department owns the PeopleSoft applications for Financial Systems and Agent Licensing as well as our PeopleSoft HR and Time and Labor Systems which now reside in the Oracle Cloud. Additionally, we are responsible for maintaining security and monitoring for our Workday SaaS application as well as infrastructure for Actuarial Systems and other .NET applications. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Workday security configuration, deployment, and maintenance for Workday Financials. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as coordinating efforts across multiple teams within IT and the business organization.
- Configure and maintain Workday SaaS security, to include the Workday Financials module, for all tenants based on requirements by customers
- Work with Finance, HR, and Technology leadership to develop and execute system processes
- Configure PeopleSoft servers as needed, troubleshoot issues, and recommend system enhancements
- Analyze, develop, and execute a plan to migrate eligible applications from on-prem to a cloud solution
- Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to help meet availability goals
- Propose and document system designs that meet or exceed current business requirements
- Review and guide applications designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements
- Contribute to technical process improvements and training across a variety of disciplines such as Agile and modern development practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any issues
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotational basis
- 2 years proven experience with Workday security, compliance, and user access best practices
- 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles and cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions to the business
- 2 years supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, Oracle, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.)
- 2 years of experience administering with Windows Server 2012R2 and later
- 2 years applying concepts related to IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Security compliance principles
- 2 years demonstrated experience supporting Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows Authentication solutions
- 2 years supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective
- Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
- Proven track record of Workday Financials security experience or PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Proven track record of Oracle Enterprise database experience including SQL tuning and table backups/restores
- Basic understanding Linux/Unix scripting and Linux administration commands
- Basic understanding of scripting using Powershell and DOS commands
- Knowledge of build automation, release management, and system testing best practices
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is a plus
- Understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions
- Understanding of system monitoring principles (synthetic monitoring, APM)
- Infrastructure design and architecture for the cloud and on premise
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.